It is tour season once again! We are getting a late start because of the winter weather, but we hope to see all of the TBC members at many of the events around the state. Here are several links to websites that have listings of all of the tours around Texas.
We have been planning on this change for over a year and everything finally fell into place and we are now live. Now that we have the site up and running, what can you expect to see? We will have the same info as the old site, plus much more. We are working to integrate the Facebook and twitter feeds onto the website page as well as the forum. We hope to have more interactive maps and up to date ride postings. Our newsletter will be fully online by mid-year and it will be updated weekly. All of the officers will have the ability to log on to the site and update the information as needed. New member’s names will be posted as they join and all club events and activities, such as special rides and time trial results will be posted on the website. Our goal is to have our members spend more time on the website to communicate with one another and to learn of the club activities. The website will also be a tool to introduce the club to all potential members.
I hope you enjoy the new www.tylerbicycleclub.com!
Kelly C Boucher
Mt. Selman four mile Time Trial starts this week! Thursday, April 10th will be the first of five Time Trials. We are working on ideas for raffle items and we have a surprise for this years’ TT. Be at the Mt. Selman Baptist Church to start signing up around 6:00 pm and the first rider goes off at 6:30 pm.
Remember, you must be a current member of either the TBC or ETT to participate and you must participate (ride or volunteer) in 4 of the 5 TT’s to qualify for the raffle drawing.
Possible raffle items: New Cobb saddle, Cycling shoes, Park Tool Kit and several other items.
Time Trail Dates: April 10th, 24th, May 8th, 22nd and the Final TT will be June 5th.
Results ETT/TBC 4mi TT, April 10, 2014
In order of finish
1. Seth Cooke 6:25.43, 37.42 mph av.
2. Chuck Lafferty 6:40.92, 36.00 mph av.
3. Nathan Lesniewski, 6:49.71, 35.21mph av.
4. Clay Emge, 7:01.44, 34.22mph av.
5. Michael Rodriguez, 7:05.15, 33.89mph av.
6. Will Hughes, 7:13.93, 33.28mph av.
7. Billy Hughes, 7:29.18, 32.07mph av.
8. Larry Crowson, 7:32.06, 31.87mph av.
9. Brandon Lowder, 7:39.99, 31.37mph av.
10. Ashley Lesniewski, 7:44.43, 31.05mph av.
11. Michael Colvin, 7:46.10, 30.91mph av.
12. Wade Klein, 7:46.17, 30.91mph av.
13. Darrell Allen, 7:49.39, 30.72mph av.
14. Monty Geddie, 7:56.24, 30.25mph av.
15. Kyle Chamberlain, 8:05.23, 20.70mph av.
16. Carole Burroughs, 8:05.62, 29.70 mph av.
17. Bo Jackson, 8:09.64, 29.45 mph av.
18. Kayla Bass, 8:14.50, 29.15mph av.
19. Jeannie Lafferty, 8:20.31, 28.82mph av.
20. Jaimie Crain, 8:41.92, 27.64mph av.
21. Kat Hammers, 8:44.30, 27.49mph av.
22. Richard Grahn, 8:57.00, 26.83mph av.
23. John Cobb, 9:27.55, 25.39mph av.
24. Melissa Hughes, 9:41.57, 24.80mph av.
25. Lacy Thomas, DNF, Traffic
26. Bob Hebb, DNF, Traffic
Thanks to the volunteers, John Freeman, Kristin Blaise, Rick Uribe, Kelly Boucher & Steve Farris.
The City of Tyler won an award for the mountain bike trail at Lindsey and the partnership with so many groups including the Tyler Bicycle Club.
Below is the letter regarding our award and the application we submitted is attached.
From the Texas Trails Network Award Nomination
I just wanted to let you know that your award nomination was selected for a Great Texas Two Step Award ! Congratulations!
It is very exciting to see the work going on in Tyler regarding trails and especially the Lindsey Park Mountain Bike Trail. What a great example of different entities working together to further the development of trails.
I will let you notify your nominee and others in your area regarding this Great Texas Two Step Award in Tyler. Let me know if you are planning on being at the conference. We can work out further logistics and details too.
Congratulations again !
TTN Awards Committee
The 2013-2014 Mountain Bike TT series has concluded. Thanks to everyone who came out to ride and a special thank you to the volunteers that helped put on the series.
The winner of the bike was Steve Hambrick! Congratulations to Steve!!
Attached is the pdf of the results.
Are you ready to join or renew your membership? Scroll over the “Members” tab above, click on “Become a Member” and choose your enrollment method. It is that easy!
If you are a member of the TBC (past or current) and have not received any emails from us this year, please make sure we have your current contact information. You can do this by contacting our membership chair, Roland Bailey, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the action from the weekend ride in Longview.
- 18+ Wins
- 37+ Podiums
- 4 Individual State Championships
Crit: Kayla Bass
Individual Time Trial: Chuck Lafferty
Individual Time Trial: Clay Emge
Individual Time Trial: Seth Cooke
- 2 Team State Championships
Men’s Team Time Trial: Seth Cooke, Clay Emge, Nate Lesniewski, Chuck Lafferty
Women’s Team Time Trial: Carole Burroughs, Tam Prater, Ashley Lesniewski, Jeannie Lafferty
- Texas Best All-Around Team
- Women, 17th Overall, out of 100 teams
- #1 Cat 4 Women’s Team in Texas, out of 44 Teams
- Men, 12th Overall, out of 206 teams
- #2 in the 35+ Category out of 67 teams
- Texas Best All-Around Individual
- Highest Ranking Racer, Chuck Lafferty 86th out of 2,254 racers
- Top 5s
Men’s Road Race………….Kerry Bickerstaff 2nd
Men’s Crit…………………Seth Cooke 2nd
Women’s Road Race………Lacy Thomas 5th
Women’s Road Race………Crystal Self 5th
Junior’s Crit……………….Will Hughes 3rd